Saturday, July 2, 2016

Not Much to Write About, but I'm Writing, Anyway

New Address
P.O. Box 1194
Redway, 95560
10/28/89

"Dear Debbie,

Not much to write about, but I'm writing anyway.  You've heard that Heather decided to stay in Berkeley, something which has had some impact. I've been self-administering isolation therapy (I live out in the house except the two days I have to be in town). I'm actually doing very well, better than I would have thought.

I've been out of work since August (it's o.k., it's only temporary!"); not being one to put all eggs in one basket, I've updated my resume', and sent out copies.  Meanwhile, I'm painting my landlord's house in exchange for rent.  That and 90.00 a week from unemployment, plus a monthly raid at the local food bank, seems to be enough to "get by", the normal state of affairs in which you generate almost  enough income to live on.

I have a friend who is very interested in your animals! Her name is Avery Watts.  She has 2 kids, 7 and 2 years old respectively, for whom she would prefer to get home-crafted gifts. Are you in a catalogue yet? Do you have a catalogue?   (I would also like to see more of those). She also has "fair" connections......

Part of the reason that my sudden "change of status" didn't damage me is having friends like Avery and her husband, Jim.)

That's all for this episode - Love, Arlo"

No comments:

Post a Comment